Waabiny @ Perth Montessori
Our extended school day service, Waabiny, was named from the local Noongar word meaning playtime. Waabiny provides children with a safe, enriching environment where they can enjoy a healthy snack, relax, play and learn with their friends.
Waabiny is available to Perth Montessori students only, aged 4 to 12 years.
The service is centred on child enrichment while ensuring a reliable, engaging and hassle-free extended day service at Perth Montessori.
The program is designed by our dedicated Waabiny Coordinator, Yoh Araki. Every session will engage and inspire your child’s confidence, independence and imagination. In addition to daily feature activities, the children enjoy a range of experience zones that give them the freedom of choice, with guidance to help them learn through play.
After School, Extended Day: 3:00pm to 6:00pm
At this stage the school is not in a position to consider expanding this service to before school or during the holidays. However, we are aware that this would be enormously helpful to some families and we will continue to monitor demand and explore options for delivering these services to families in the near future.
Current charges for this service are as follows:
- $20 per session for regular bookings
- $25 for casual bookings made up to 24 hours before
- $30* for bookings made on the day (or for any late pick-up of students after 3:30pm*)
Parents need to be aware that this service is being offered through the School. As such government subsidies are not available, but the regular booking charge is comparable to the subsidised cost for most families.
How to Book
- Contact reception in person, by phone or by email, to make or change a booking
- Pay by credit card, direct debit or pay through School EasyPay
Terms & Cancellations
Families can cancel up to a week before their booking and they will not be charged, or if they supply the School with a medical certificate for bookings missed due to sickness.
* In an emergency, or if at short-notice parents/carers are unable to collect their child at the end of the school day, students will be taken to Waabiny at 3:15pm. Staff will continue to try and contact a parent/carer or emergency contact for the child(ren). If not collected by 3:30pm, the child(ren) will be signed in to the service and the "on the day" booking fee will apply.